Funded by the Welsh European Funding Office (WEFO), this project brings together academia, industry and government to develop innovative energy technologies to achieve net zero by 2050.
The project supports several Welsh Government and UK initiatives including ‘Science for Wales’, ‘Innovation Wales’ and the UK’s Clean Growth Strategy.
What will FLEXISApp do?
FLEXISApp will drive net zero solutions by forming strong industrial partnerships, that use FLEXIS’ world-leading research and resources in energy systems, to generate economic and green growth for West Wales and the Valleys.
With industry contributing around 25% to the UK’s C02 emissions, FLEXISApp will take forward the research and demonstration capacity of FLEXIS and part fund the commercial development of energy technologies, that focus on industrial decarbonisation and greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction.
What does success look like?
• Formation of strong industrial partnerships
• Innovative patented technology and products that optimise the use of low
carbon energy systems
• Demonstration area internationally recognised as a centre of excellence
• Wales’ research base growing in strength and diversity
• Investments by companies moving into Wales
• Significant job and company creation
FLEXISApp will lead a green recovery post Covid-19 and will stimulate significant green and economic growth. This includes new business and employment opportunities, strengthening the knowledge base and innovative ability of Welsh companies and developing net zero solutions to achieve 2030, 2040 and 2050 targets.